Wednesday 7 December 2011

Statement

I have submitted a variety of my favourite pieces of work, ranging from school work to personal projects. Included are different pieces to show an array of my existing skills – such as basic drawing skills and proficiency in digital media (Photoshop, CorelDraw, CorelPhoto Plus). The graphic design school work is geared towards advertising/branding, as this has been the focus of the courses. My AS Level brief was to design and create a children's toothbrush and its packaging. My A Level brief is to redesign a confectionery product (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups) and is currently in development. I am hoping to explore other areas of the graphic design field and broaden my experience to date. My personal projects submitted include photography work (captured using simple digital cameras at settings of either 5MP or 12MP) which is a particular passion of mine, some trainers designed and hand painted by myself (from which I have had requests for personalised pairs from others), and a commission from a local cafĂ© to design a poster for their new drinks line.

I am an extremely creative person, which filters into all aspects of my life – from graphic design to the creation of new music events, which I enjoy promoting in my spare time. I am very passionate about the work I become involved in, and tend to become attached to them!
I find the course incredibly appealing as I think the work it involves would be key to my development as a graphic designer. I believe the opportunity to explore new areas of the field and work, not only with fellow aspiring designers, but with tutors with years of expertise would be too promising to miss out on. Through this course, I would love to expand my expertise of graphic design, to further my knowledge and gain more in-depth experience as a first step towards a career in this field.  

1 comment:

  1. I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Benjamin who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin granted me loan without delay. Here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete